Refrigerant gas R134a
Tetrafluoroethane, R-134a, Forane 134a, Genetron 134a, Florasol 134a, Suva 134a or HFC-134a, is a haloalkane refrigerant with thermodynamic properties similar to R-12 (dichlorodifluoromethane) but with less ozone depletion potential. It has the formula CH2FCF3 and a boiling point of −26.3 °C (−15.34 °F) at atmospheric pressure. R-134a cylinders are colored light blue.
Refrigerant gas R134a is widely used in all types of household and commercial refrigeration and auto-airconditioning equipment, medium temperature food cabinets, water chillers etc.
- Domestic refrigeration and auto-air conditioning.
- Replacement for R12.
- 1,1,1,2 Tetrafluoroethane. CH2F-CF3
- UN No: 3159
- CAS No: 811-97-2
- Ozone Depletion Potential: 0
- Global Warming Potential: 1430
- HFC, Long term replacement.
- Oil: POE and PAG.
- Available in 13.6 Kg and 3.4 Kg, non-refillable cans.
|Molecular formula||CH2FCF3 |
|Molar mass||102.03 g/mol|
|Density||0.00425 g/cm³, gas|
|Melting point||-103.3°C (169.85 K)|
|Boiling point||-26.3°C (246.85 K)|
|Solubility in water||0.15 wt%|