Refrigerant gas R404a
Refrigerant Gas R404A is a colorless odorless mixture of three hydrofluorocarbon compounds in near-azeotropic proportions. Azeotropic mixtures have sharp boiling points instead of boiling over a range of temperatures, which is the case with most mixtures. Bp (at 1 atm) -46.5°C. Density (as a liquid) 0.485 kg/L. Shipped as a liquid under its own vapor pressure. The vapors are heavier than air and can cause asphyxiation by the displacement of air. R-404A is a HFC “nearly azeotropic” blend of 52 wt.% R-143a, 44 wt.% R-125, and 4 wt.% R-134a. It is designed as a replacement of R-22 and R-502 CFC. Its boiling point at normal pressure is -46.5 °C, its liquid density is 0.485 g/cm3.
Refrigerant gas R404A is suitable for transport refrigeration, display cabinets, ice machines. Refrigerant must be charged from liquid phase.Medium / Low Temp Refrigeration.
- Replacement for R502
- Blend of R125, R143a and R134a (44 / 52 / 4% by weight.)
- Pentafluoroethane, 1,1,1-Trifluorethane,1,1,1,2-Tetrafluoroethane. CHF2-CF3 / CH3-CF3 / CH2F-CF3
- UN No: 3337
- CAS No: 354-33-6, 420-46-2, 811-97-2
- Ozone Depletion Potential: 0
- Global Warming Potential: 3922
- HFC, Long term replacement.
- Oil: POE.
- Available in 10.9 Kg non-refillable cans.