Refrigerant gas R406a
Refrigerant gas R406A is a mixture of three components chlorodifluoromethane (R-22), isobutane (R-600a) and chlorodifluoroethane (R-142b) in the ratio 55/4/41.
This refrigerant was designed as a drop-in replacement for R-12 which is compatible with the typical mineral oil lubricants used in R-12 systems. Since it is a zeotropic mixture, it has a range of boiling points which may increase the effectiveness of the heat transfer elements in refrigeration equipment.
Refrigerant gas R406A is suitable for auto airconditioning, domestic refrigeration. Drop-in replacement for R12.
- Airconditioning, domestic refrigeration.
- Replacement for R12
- Blend of R22, R142b and R600a (55 / 41 / 4% by weight.)
- Chlorodifluoromethane, 1-Chloro-1,1-difluoroethane and Isobutane. C2H3CIF2 / CH3-CCIF2 / I-CH4H10
- UN No: 1078
- CAS No: 75-45-6, 75-68-3, 75-28-5
- Ozone Depletion Potential: 0.0562
- Global Warming Potential: 1943
- HCFC, Interim term replacement.
- Oil: Mineral and POE.
- Available in 13.6 Kg non-refillable cans.